Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TV in italian

Today I was hungry as usual around 11 but I ignored it until 1230 when I talked myself into walking down Federal Street to Wendys. Once there, I somehow got talked into ordering (and then eating) a 10 piece spicy nugget set and two packs of the spicy dipping sauce. Soon after my stomach really hurt. Boo Hoo. I left work a wee bit early.

Last weekend I visited Martha's Vineyard to see Augie and Anthony do a show together. Once at the venue I started talking to my son, their younger brother, and while I was letting him do most the talking, I looked at the collar of his shirt (he was mostly venting anyhow). The shirt was a heavy plaid number with greens and blues of middle hues. The collar was in shreds because the shirt was so old. I remember Sal's father got it while he and I were a couple back in the 90's and I thought it was sweet and amusing when Sal began wearing the shirt and the thing was old then. Now it is very old and beat up. I can't remember who Charlie got the shirt from. I think it was a xmas gift from a family member. As I looked at it I thought Sal should get a new shirt but of course he has. He has lots of other shirts, I think. He just likes this one.



The next morning I was getting dressed and I noticed that I was putting on an old shirt that I own and cherish which years ago I borrowed from a friend back when I first moved to western mass and I've worn it very frequently since then and the cuffs are worn, the collar is beat up, although not as badly as Sal's shirt.

No comments: