Tuesday, April 29, 2008

scheduling

I have a dripping ceiling in my kitchen which is caused by an unfinished/leaky tile job in my bathroom. The tile job in the bathroom looks nice but it is leaking.

It's been a couple of months now and I have been making plans during that time to get a tile guy and a plumber to come to my house at the same time to work on the trouble and I'm worried after all this that it doesn't actually fix the leak-who knows, right?

But I am moving forward with the job with the hope that it will be fine and fixed and my kitchen will have less of a relationship with my bathroom. I do have that hope. Last night I fussed with the bathroom, removing things and sorting it out for the job this morning.

This morning I woke up at 7 in anticipation for the 8 am arrival of the workguys. I had hired and confirmed their schedule and I got a call from the tileguy at 7:15 this morning asking, "are we still on?" uh, yeah. I have been anticipating this day, this job for months, it feels like.

DbR and I drank coffee and hung around with the dogs and then the plumber showed up at 8:20-but no tile guy. I felt all stressed that the plumber would finish his prep and the tile guy wouldn't be here and the plumber would have to leave and then charge me another start up fee when he came back (really can't afford that). I called the tile guy a couple of times and the plumber started cutting into all my walls and I sat here and waited, playing a little scrabulous.

9:15. The tile guy is here. Can't wait to see what happens.

No comments: