Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"broken ankle"

Have I mentioned that last June 26th I fell down my bedroom stairs, landing in front of the bathroom, breaking my right ankle? I immediately got up, walked to the toilet, sat down on the cover and cried with pain. Then I took a shower, got dressed and staggered out to my car. I didn't make it though-half way to the car I collapsed on a couple bags of top soil and cried some more with the pain. I brought myself back inside and called in sick to work.

So, now I have my left ankle broken and I'm a little bewildered about my life's absurdity. What am I supposed to learn from this? What is my lifelesson here? Don't walk the dog? Don't go downstairs to the bathroom? Bad luck happens when one is alone and lonely and also when one is deliriously in love?

At work now (shouldn't be writing this) sitting at my desk and a co-worker was out in the break room singing a child-like song to the doctor about morning's blessing is coffee, etc etc. Her lovely high voice makes me goosebumpy in a nice way and afterwards she came into my office to offer her sympathy to my plight. After that, another co worker breezed through offering me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I still feel sorry for myself.

No comments: