Monday, February 04, 2008

The Future

Tomorrow is the first day back to work since the break. I am dreading the end of this four-day haitus. I'm trying to remember when I broke my ankle last June 26th and how I was truly "up and at 'em" generally from the get-go. The luxury of having someone take care of me four days straight has kind of wiped out my industriousness/independent drive. It's hard to understand the balance: being resilient and independent but also letting oneself be cared for. It's either all or nothing for me which has created a little bit of a marshmallow in me, more than usual.

I'm still worried about driving my five speed with the broken left-DbR said something about switching cars but that is too complicated for me to actually take in at this point. I have to go to work tomorrow. How am I going to do that?

No comments: